Saturday, September 25, 2010

And So It Goes

Well I have a free weekend here, so I thought that I'd use the opportunity to give a little update:

God has blessed me infinitely in sending me here to seminary. Here at SJV I found everything that I was looking for and then some. It's funny that the things I admire and appreciate the most are things that, in our culture today, have a lot of negative connotations. I love the structure, the disicipline, the early rising, the studying -- it all is just so purifying. To kind of outline it for you, here is a pretty basic day at the seminary.

5:30ish am: Get up and shower
6:15 am: Morning Prayer, Exposition, and Holy Hour
7:15 am: Daily Mass
8:15 am - 1:30 pm classes, studying, personal prayer and maybe a little nap
2:00 pm: Hit the Gym
3:00 pm - 4:45 pm: Studying and Reading
5:00 pm: Evening Prayer
5:30 pm: Community Dinner
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm: Study Hours
8:30 pm: Meeting with Diocesan Brothers or Small Fraternal Groups
9:30 pm: Night Prayer
10:00 pm: Sleep

It's a remarkable thing. No facebook to distract me, no wasting time with computer games...Everything here is directed towards holiness. I'm surrounded by other holy men who are on the same journey towards discovering their vocations, and its a very supportive community. No down-talk. Very little Sarcasm. Everyone is always building each other up and helping each other grow.

I won't say that life is perfect. It's not. I still have a lot of obstacles in prayer. I still have things to grow in and work on, but what I will say is that there is no place I'd rather be than here at SJV. Perhaps over Thanksgiving Break, or Fall Break, I will write about something specific that God has taught me since being here, but for now I'm content with this explanation, and I hope that it demonstrates a little bit of what the seminary life is like to you! Please pray for me that my experience will only make me grow MORE in holiness. Thank you!

Peace in Christ,
Coady Patrick Paul Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment